Res ipsa loquitur.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sherlock Holmes (2009)



Sherlock Holmes: Madame, I need you to remain calm and trust me, I'm a professional. Beneath this pillow lies the key to my release.



Dr. John Watson: Holmes, does your depravity know no bounds?



Nanny: He's killed the dog. Again



Dr. John Watson: You do know what you are drinking is meant for eye surgery?


Sherlock Holmes: This mustn't register on an emotional level. First, Distract target. Then block his blind jab. Counter with cross to left cheek. Discombobulate. Dazed, will attempt wild haymaker. Weaken right jaw. Now fracture. Break cracked ribs. Heel kick to diaphragm.

Summary: ears ringing, jaw fractured, three ribs cracked, four broken, diaphragm hemorrhaging. Physical recovery six weeks. Full psychological recovery six months. Ability to spit at back of head neutralized.



Irene Adler: Why are you always so suspicious?
Sherlock Holmes: Should I answer chronologically or alphabetically?



Dr. John Watson: Get that out of my face.
Sherlock Holmes: It's not in your face, its in my hand.
Dr. John Watson: Then get what's in your hand out of my face.



Sherlock Holmes: You have the grand gift of silence, Watson. It makes you quite invaluable as a companion.



Sherlock Holmes: Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.



Sherlock Holmes: Watson, what have you done?



Sherlock Holmes: You’ve never complained about my methods before.
Dr. John Watson: I’ve never complained! When have I ever complained about you practicing the violin at three in the morning, or your mess? Your general lack of hygiene or your experiment on my dog?



Dr. John Watson: So what was it you said about saving bullets?



Sherlock Holmes: Fear is the best weapon.



Sherlock Holmes: It's a matter of professional integrity! No girl wants to marry a doctor who can't tell if a man's dead or not!



Irene Adler: He's just as brilliant as you are and infinitely more devious.
Sherlock Holmes: We'll see about that.



Irene Adler: He found my weakness.
Sherlock Holmes: And what is that?





Favourites.

Labels: ,

posted by JenShinrai at 23:26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home